2023 Upcoming Games
20 March 2023
It looks like 2023 will be a big year for video games, with many titles that were originally scheduled for this year being moved to next year. The Legend of Zelda and other well-known games: Diablo IV, the remake of Dead Space, Tears of the Kingdom, and a number of well-known remakes of classic games are all coming in 2023.
Since it can be difficult to keep track of all of it, we have compiled a list of every game slated for release in 2023, broken down by month and including games that have not been released yet. You can decide which games to buy this year by looking at the supported platforms listed for each game. This list will be updated further as additional games are announced and given release dates, and we will also continue to modify it in the event that games are delayed.
It’s 2023, and it’s time to look ahead to the year’s best games. The initial release date for some of these games was 2022, but they were postponed. 2023 appears to be a great year for gaming now that the pandemic and the new console generation have passed. Even though the Nintendo Switch isn’t as powerful as other systems, a game that is highly anticipated will only be available on it. In 2023, you can look forward to numerous exciting games regardless of your preferred platform. Our top picks are as follows:
- The Zelda Series: The highly anticipated follow-up to the critically acclaimed Breath of the Wild is titled Tears of the Kingdom. This game takes place in the sky above Hyrule and gives Link new tools, like the ability to reverse time. Even though we don’t know much about the game, it’s clear that fans of the series will want to play it. It’s also worth noting that the Nintendo Switch may not be able to handle this game, so it may only be available on more powerful systems. No matter what, The Legend of Zelda: The Switch’s reign as Nintendo’s most successful console since the Wii will come to an end with Tears of the Kingdom, which is sure to be a standout game in 2023.
- One of the most anticipated PlayStation sequels is Marvel’s Spider-Man. In this game, players will be able to take on the roles of both Miles Morales and Peter Parker as they take on the new villains Kraven the Hunter and Venom. Fans, on the other hand, want an exciting take on the open world formula. The game was released simultaneously with the movie Spider-Man: throughout the Spider-Verse in June, making this an excellent year for fans of the character.
- Jedi of Star Wars: Fallen Order was a well-liked video game in which players could control a lightsaber like a Jedi. The lightsaber combat was more forgiving than that of other games in the genre, despite the somewhat derivative gameplay. Cal Kestis continues to evade the Empire in the sequel, which takes place five years after the events of the first game. New traversal abilities, such as taming and riding wild animals, and new lightsaber stances are among the game’s promised additions to the combat system. In general, the series’ fans can anticipate an exciting and action-packed sequel.
- Capcom is developing a remake of Resident Evil 4, a game that is widely regarded as one of the best games ever made and has influenced numerous third-person shooters since. Since the original Resident Evil 4 is still playable on modern platforms and holds up well, the remake is under a lot of pressure to deliver more than just improved graphics. Early impressions suggest that the remake will have a setting that is more horror-focused than the B-movie camp of the original. The return of Leon Kennedy and the iconic village ambush, complete with the terrifying enemy wielding a chainsaw, are highly anticipated by series fans.
- After The Elder Scrolls and Fallout, Bethesda’s first major open world IP is Starfield. Players can explore over 1,000 worlds in over 100 systems and customize their own spacecraft in this expansive game. Starfield is still primarily an action role-playing game (RPG) despite its emphasis on space exploration. Players can form alliances and engage in first- or third-person shooter as well as melee combat with space pirates. The original release date for Silksong was November 11, 2022, but the developers postponed it to address Bethesda’s reputation for unstable releases or to avoid drawing comparisons to the contentious launch of No Man’s Sky.
- The highly anticipated fighting game Street Fighter 6 is expected to bring the genre back to life. It is a polished and exciting game for players of all skill levels thanks to its bold, hyper-realistic style and easier controls. The ability to create your own fighter and guide them through an extensive single-player mode and online battle hub is one of Street Fighter 6’s standout features. In addition, the game features a diverse cast of characters, including new characters like Manon and Kimberly as well as revamps of fan favorites like Chun Li and Ken. Overall, Street Fighter 6 looks like it will be a game everyone, old and new, should play.